Blog Contribution 7

30 Jul

Talk to us about a major development with your final paper…  Tell us what happened and HOW.

15 Responses to “Blog Contribution 7”

1. Ingrid Mazariegos July 31, 2014 at 1:01 am #

A major development with my final paper has been my thesis statement. My original statement was out of order and I sounded more unsure then definite. Sammy helped me reorganize my words into a clear sentence and Mike helped me choose stronger words. Also in yesterdays class, Mike reminded us of testimonies which helps out a lot fill at least half a page.

2. Michelle Parrish July 31, 2014 at 5:13 am #

A major development with my paper was learning to focus my thesis statement on one character and use the other character for an example. This helped me to develop a clearer thesis statement. Now majority of my paper could be focused on the main character. Another issue I need to remember is to not generalize, because its flawed thinking. Also to be careful of how I word my thesis statement.

3. Hanna Sansom July 31, 2014 at 6:15 am #

A major development with my final paper is my outline. I had a thesis and knew what I generally wanted to talk about but now I have it all planned. I know what I want to argue in each individual paragraph from intro to conclusion. I feel so much better having an organized guideline for my writing. See you all tomorrow!

4. Evan Spaulding July 31, 2014 at 9:20 am #

So far the biggest breakthrough with my paper has been getting my ideas written down in an outline that I’m using like blueprints for my paper. I find that for my personal writing style I am much better at improving and expanding upon something already written down, so I try to document everything before getting too technical. I find that I’m better at fixing and “perfecting” writing that is already there, I do better having something to work with.

• Denise C. Lacount August 1, 2014 at 5:32 pm #

Evan, I’m tending to agree with you on your style. This is about the only way I can see to organize my ideas, which I am eliminating not so pertinent ones. Guess I’m still trying to figure out what my writing style really is , or will be. Clarissa had some good pointers for me yesterday, she suggested ways to open my topic more clearly, including both comparisons I am making. Thank you Clarissa

5. Clarissa Colter July 31, 2014 at 3:05 pm #

My major development was doing research on single mother. Most of the internet sources make it seem that if a child comes from a single mother household they will have more emotional problems and won’t academically excel. I find that really frustrating because in my paper my point isn’t to point out the negative of single mother homes. It is to educate on the struggles single mothers face. So if anybody has any positive sources for single mothers or single parents I would love to look them over.

• Denise C. Lacount August 1, 2014 at 5:36 pm #

Clarissa, This just came to me and I don’t know it will help but…have you looked up single mother authors, or poets ? I bet they have something to say! Good Luck

6. Allyssa Nunnemaker July 31, 2014 at 6:05 pm #

The major development in my paper has been finding out I could use the film as a source for my paper. I can relate Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of Nick in a mental facility to Zelda’s multiple mental breakdowns. This shows that Baz Luhrmann wanted to bring more of Fitzgerald’s life into the movie, even though the book itself showed a lot about Fitzgerald’s life.

• Ingrid Mazariegos August 3, 2014 at 5:16 pm #

Allyssa, I thought this was a really good point because we mainly get the outside appearance of Fitzgerald’s flapper life but now more of an insight to dealing with Zelda’s mental health struggles and possibly another reason why he drank so much, who knows, but it has me wondering.

7. Ingrid Mazariegos August 3, 2014 at 6:00 pm #

Hello everyone,
    Does anyone know if the writing center is open tomorrow or magginni lab?

8. Karla Rios August 4, 2014 at 12:44 am #

So far I am getting my paper together pretty well. I am finding that I should have based it strictly on The Glass Castle and excluded This Boy’s Life, because I find it easier to see maturity unfold on Jeannette from a young age and not so much on Jack. Still I am getting it together pretty well.

9. Sara Springer August 4, 2014 at 10:54 pm #

The biggest development, so far, in writing my paper has been narrowing down my ideas into one definitive thesis. This came about through continually asking myself exactly what point or argument I am trying to make. I now have a much clearer outline of what to address (and leave out) in my essay. I am currently making a chart of the similarities and differences in the presentation of each of the three themes that I found important in all three novels.

10. Joe Hodge August 5, 2014 at 5:49 pm #

The biggest development for me was probably my conclusion. I am almost infatuated with it. Being able to write about something so important to me and to the world today is incredible. However, the biggest development was wrapping my title, intro, and thesis all into my conclusion and making it fit like the final piece to a puzzle I have spent days on.

11. ebenleberthon August 6, 2014 at 12:50 am #

My major developments in my paper have been making my intro and conclusion stronger. In doing this my entire paper paper has benefitted and become stronger as a whole

• Denise C. Lacount August 6, 2014 at 3:41 pm #

My paper has just had MORE final touches added. a few days ago I went through my paper and took out ALL of my personal comments. Then after,it was way too generic sounding, it wasn’t as if I even wrote it. So this morning I have been able to personalize it again but without all my comments. YEA! I am still considering title choices.