Good Morning, Everyone!! [7:04AM, 6/7/15]

7 Jun

My name is Mike Madigan, and I’ll be your instructor of record for the next 8 weeks– or, 8 weeks from when the semester does actually start, June 15th… I just wanted to make sure you all have the books the first day, which are Jack Kerouac’s ‘On The Road’ and David Sedaris’ ‘Me Talk Pretty One Day’. As well, please have one notebook (preferably a Composition Book), and some post-it’s for our readings and places in your journals where you may need to reference and re-reference certain ideas and writings, notes and what be…..
What you can expect from this class: what you invest, what you equate into the equation. So.. if your election is to be miserable, then you will be just that. BUT, new colleagues and friends, if you want to learn a couple new things about your writing voice and about how to approach Literature, and your dreams and academic pursuits, then you will receive that and quite plausibly more!

So, to close, I look forward to meeting and working with you all, and I’ll see you on the 15! Please feel free to introduce yourself below and what you want from this class and your academic life, or anything you want to narrate! Cheers!

Loyally, Yours,
Mike

5 Responses to “Good Morning, Everyone!! [7:04AM, 6/7/15]”

1. Ophenia R. Parker June 8, 2015 at 4:10 am #

My name is Ophenia R. Parker. I go by Rachel. I like the instructors intro. My attention is drawn to ” if you want to learn a couple new things about your writing voice and about how to approach Literature, and your dreams and academic pursuits, then you will receive that and quite plausibly more”. So here I am.

2. chriscruz95 June 13, 2015 at 3:17 am #

Hello Mike, My name is Christian Cruz. I am attending your summer English 100 class. Your intro, as well as the blog, is quite interesting. Very excited for the first day.

• mikemadigan June 13, 2015 at 3:18 am #

Thank you!! I look forward to meeting you!!

3. Scott Wimmer June 14, 2015 at 2:19 am #

Hi to all, I am Scott, I think this is going to be a great class. Teacher is into teaching, and has some good order and information available to read.

• mikemadigan June 14, 2015 at 3:12 am #

Nice to meet you!!! Ready yourself for an enlivening semester!!