Before class,  I don’t know what you do, but I

7 Sep

like—no, LOVE—quiet.  Peace.  A pervasive peace that readies me for the rest of the day and of course the class that begins in less than an hour.  Before class is my time.  MINE.  What do you do with yours?  Yes, you could spend it on your phone (I won’t lie, I look at my phone a bit, but never allow it to dominate or steer my time usage), but I offer you should do something enriching and forwarding for you.  Remember, Time will keep moving regardless if we use it in our favor or not.  So let’s use it.  And not just “in our favor”, but truly make use of our time by creating, doing something, creating a reality for ourselves with which we can be happy and proud, and smile at what we’ve done with the wee bit of time we have before class.

7 Responses to “Before class,  I don’t know what you do, but I”

1. zachary McCulloch September 7, 2016 at 11:51 pm #

I definitely agree that taking some time before class to be in a peaceful, quite place is beneficial. It helps me calm down and focus before heading into a lecture or any classroom activity.

2. Yadira Rodriguez September 8, 2016 at 1:13 am #

I agree as well that taking the time for yourself, to collect your thoughts for class is important. It helps me calm down my nerves and anxiety. I personally enjoy having a cup of coffee with friends, and discussing our plans for the days. By doing this I feel more relaxed and ready for the day.

3. Yadira Rodriguez September 8, 2016 at 1:20 am #

I also agree that taking some time for yourself to collect your thoughts before class is important. It helps me calm my nerves and anxiety. I personally enjoy having a cup of coffee with my friends and, we discuss our plans for the day. This helps me by being more relaxed and ready for the day.

4. Cesar Espinosa September 9, 2016 at 4:11 am #

Honestly I like to take time and be with myself. I like to take care of my body and exercise, eat a health meal in the morning or before class especially Monday it kind of gets me in this rhythm and lets me start off the week right.

5. adriana correa September 10, 2016 at 6:05 pm #

Mondays are my Thursdays, but before class I have little to no time to my self. Working before heading to class my “me” time is spent with my little two year old and of course I do as well check my phone, probably too much. I very much appreciate the reminder that we don’t ever get that moment back. I need to disconnect with media a little more and enjoy the moment. Thank you.

• mikemadigan September 10, 2016 at 6:10 pm #

Love your post!!! Stay inspired… Keep moving!!!