#motivationmonday …

13 Sep

img_6536-1I used words like “explosive” and “thunderous” to provide a sense of next meeting.  More than some dramatic word, I vow it to be lively.  Whether it’s Plath or Sedaris you’re reading, really try to settle on an understanding of who the author is, what their values are, where they’re coming from.

With regard to your research, and credible sources, scribble furiously in your journals and be selective with the sources you select.  This is subjective, I know, but use your best of best judgements.  Be sure you select and share sources on your your class’ author that are not only insightful and informative, but uniquely revealing, or inspiring.

With creative work…  Just keep writing.  Write however you want.  Tell a story.  Stay with your characters and respective stories.  Try to teach yourself something through your own writing.  Writing can be therapeutic, yes, but it can be, and should be, informative and instructional.  You want to teach your readers and yourself.

Another thought…  Life is an invitation, to everything.

Thoughts?

Advertisements

12 Responses to “#motivationmonday …”

1. Elena Viruet September 13, 2016 at 3:01 am #

There’s a quote in The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath and it reads “And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” I feel like this is something people should really remember and grasp while they’re writing or thinking about writing especially since it’s coming from someone who was so raw with their pieces. She had so much anger and resentment and low self esteem in her life and she was still able to put it all on paper so I think she is a great example for people who are struggling with their work.

2. Daisy Guevara September 13, 2016 at 3:17 am #

and I feel it
    coming over like a storm again
    … considerately ☁️ 9/14/16

• mikemadigan September 13, 2016 at 3:21 am #

Love it!! Thank you for sharing!!! Have an inspiring night…namaste…

3. Yolanda Silva September 14, 2016 at 1:48 am #

It’s wrtiting with so much passion, that I get the shills!!

• Yolanda Silva September 14, 2016 at 1:49 am #

Sorry, Writing***

4. seanmatica September 20, 2016 at 1:16 pm #

I have to say this was made more clear to me, when I listened to an audiobook narrated by the author. I felt like I got a further insight into his views on the book itself. The fact it was a self help book really made it much more beneficial being an audiobook. Also I felt like it shined light on some parts I didn’t 100% get when I read the book. His passion drove home a clear view. I highly recommend doing this if you would like to add something extra to book you write or read.

5. Forever Travel Bug. October 6, 2016 at 4:25 pm #

Very inspiring and motivational. You’re a great writer!

• mikemadigan October 6, 2016 at 4:40 pm #

Thank you so much! Read more at bottledaux.com …. ❤️💻☕️

• Forever Travel Bug. October 6, 2016 at 4:41 pm #

I will do 🙂

6. Anjana May 12, 2017 at 10:48 am #

This is a motivating one. Thanks for writing such a post and sharing it with everyone 🙂