06:06.  Nearly at two thousand words.

10 Nov

And the rain coupled with that eased hum of the refrigerator has me composed, with unusual composition.  What a rich and relieving way to incite a day.  Me, here, on couch, not in bed, awake and not asleep and recording each thought that passes through my head for students… or for me, or for both.  How about both.  LIFE… funny.  It’s just one.  One.  Then what.  I don’t care ‘then what’.  I’m here now, throwing myself into the moment and the realization that I AM a teacher.  What do I teach?  To write, read, understand self better though writing.  I think.

Are you asleep now, while I type this?  That’s fine.  Just think about what you could have been doing while asleep.  What you could have been contributing to.  Sleep is great, but it’s also a time of ‘off’, non-function.  Dark outside, but it doesn’t have to be that in whatever room you’re in.  This semester has taught me to work harder, to test myself, to ignore anything that isn’t a yay-say.  So what are you doing, now, reading this?  What time of day is it?  Notice that time and understand you only have so much left.  WORK.  Get to where you want to be… scribe your own set of convictions and don’t budge.

I’ve always seen school like a storm, rain.  After rain there’s new growth, Newness, and a radiance and glow, a beaming to the scene that wasn’t there before.  Yes, you take courses you don’t want to and YES you have teachers you don’t particularly enjoy, or just downright don’t like.  But, as I said earlier… MAKE IT YOURS.  The onus is yours and that will never change in its empirical layout.  Get to work, your work, and make your supervisor, YOU, have no reason to be not-pleased with your progress.

9 Responses to “06:06.  Nearly at two thousand words. ”

1. Majerle November 10, 2017 at 7:06 pm #

I got the hell up as soon as I read this. I’m grateful for another day to WORK. I’m more motivated and while reading this all I was thinking is TIRELESS. I control how this day will be. I realize there is so much power in my hands with the choices I make. One of those choices is to be up or in bed “non function”. I’m getting ready for practice right now with the thought that I’m going to give it my all. I’m going to give TODAY my all. Every day we work so hard striving for a better day, a better life, a better legacy. Sometimes we forget that it is the day and the life we have today that we should be most grateful for. Life is precious and life is not forever. Use your voice to tell your family you love them. Use your actions to show your family you love them, no matter how big or small those actions may be. Our legacy is our life and our life is our legacy. Use yours wisely. There is no room for doubt or regret in this life. We are only guaranteed today.

2. David Sanchez November 10, 2017 at 9:07 pm #

It is 1:00 oclock as im reading the post. I felt like sleeping in but I could have been fixing my headlight thats been out for 2 days. Now after reading I feel lazy that I stayed in bed so long. Now to get up and go about my day.

3. Olivia Atkins November 10, 2017 at 9:11 pm #

This inspired me to take a minute. A minute to write something for myself for the first time in a while and to practice my narrative skills. What with the storm of school work constantly keeping me busy, I’ve forgotten to write for myself every now and then. So here it goes.

I am from the river,
    From daisy chains and tie-dye shirts.
    I am from black berries
    The sweetest morsels,
    freshly plucked from untamed bushes.
    I am from Reggae music,
    it’s mellow tones still playing in my chest
    when I drift to sleep at night.

I am from coloring books and dull pencils,
    from lonely recesses and intimidation.
    I am from Mary Jane
    and angel dust
    from police sirens and custody hearings.
    I’m from Mommy won’t be coming home
    for a few weeks
    and you’ll have to go stay with Grandpa.

I am from sea glass and broken shells,
    cold toes and runny noses.
    From iced tea with no lemon for Bob
    and owl figurines collecting dust on shelves for Betty.
    I’m from moving trucks
    From three quirky houses and seven cramped
    apartments that have seen me grow.

I am from bedtime stories and sprinklers
    from vanilla incense and harvest festivals,
    sitting on warm, damp grass while living music blared.
    Beside my bed were scratched vinyl records
    piled high with forgotten voices
    to sing me to sleep.
    I am from the scratches-
    the dents left along the way-
    creating messy new sound with every divet.

• Ricky Hamilton November 11, 2017 at 12:40 am #

4. Ricky Hamilton November 11, 2017 at 12:57 am #

Tired? Good. You won’t waste time trying to fall asleep tonight. Sore? Good. You are using your body. Anxious? Good. A chance to prove to yourself that you are ferocious. Depressed? Good. You can only move up. Fearful? Good. You’re alive. Hungry? Good. A chance to strengthen your discipline. Underperformed on your midterms? Good. Time to work harder. Falling behind in life? Good. Your work is cut out for you. Not enough time to catch up? MAKE TIME. DOMINATE YOUR MORNING. STOP BELIEVING THAT YOU ARE WEAK.

• Analicia G November 11, 2017 at 6:30 pm #

I read this as I am sitting in my bed, lazily, really not wanting to do anything at all. I still have my hair wrapped up in my towel from my shower that I took 30 minutes ago, and I am rewatching a show I have see every episode of at least three times and still, I am content or at least I was before reading this. I really need to get up and do something productive, thank you for the motivation!

5. Juls November 13, 2017 at 11:57 pm #

I often sit and think some of the same things.
    Only in my own way. Why am I a mother? Am i a good mother? Why do I get up everyday? What would gappend to my family if i stopped doing everything for them? I don’t know and I never will.

6. Sitora Kamil November 14, 2017 at 5:37 am #

I’m super busy with school, work, and my hobbies that sometimes I wonder why people need to sleep? I think how I could’ve spent that time working on some project and be more productive. At the same time sleep is so beneficial. It is time for out our body and brain to take a break and recharge for a new day. It is our opportunity to interact with nouminal energy.